- Swampfoot is a foot race only.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- You must finish with your timing chip to be eligible for a qualifying time. So if your shoe falls off go back and get it!!! Be sure to turn the chip in prior to exiting the finish area, failure to do so will remove your qualifying time.
- Swampfoot 4 Mile contestants must be 13 years or older.
- Mighty Might contestants must be 8-12 years old.
- Every participant must sign a liability waiver. Contestants under 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign for them.
- No pushing, fighting or foul play. You will be disqualified and may be removed from the race.
- NO TAILGATE PARTIES.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK, all proceeds from food and drink sales go to charity don't be that guy!
- You must compete in the heat you are registered for. We will be checking so save yourself the disappointment! If you want to change your heat you can do so at www.runsignup.com up until Wednesday before Swampfoot. You can only transfer to OPEN heats.
- You must complete every obstacle in the correct manner, and stay within the marked boundaries. Failure to do so may disqualify you from placing (You will be allowed to complete the race.)
- Swampfoot will be delayed if lightning is present.
- You will get muddy, wet, and cold. Wear what you want. Swampfoot will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Spikes are prohibited.
- NO PETS! Please leave your dogs, cats, lamas, tigers and bears and furry creatures at home!
- Have fun, be courteous and be safe.
Q) Can I change my heat?
A) Up until June 19th, 2017 to Swampfoot you can manage your heat through runsignup.com and transfer your registration to any open heat. You must compete in the heat you are registered for. Swampfoot has to limit the heat size to provide the highest quality race experience to all Swampfooters. We will be checking bib tags at the start line, so no funny business!
Q) I forgot my user name or password for runsignup.com?
A) Follow the instructions on runsignup.com for reseting these! Check your spam mail if you didn’t get the email.
Q) Is there a mail in registration form?
A) Sorry but No! Due to the large number of Swampfooters and the limited number of registrants in each heat we are unable to offer mail-in entry forms. We are offering online registration that closes Thursday JULY 6TH at midnight and an in-person registration on Friday JULY 8TH at Rattle Run Farms (7103 Gratiot Ave, Saint Clair, Michigan 48079) from 4-7pm.
Q) Where do I check in for the race?
A) At Rattle Run Farms located at 7103 Gratiot Ave, St. Clair, Michigan 48079. We are offering two check-in options, an early check-in from 4-7pm on Friday July 7th, 2017 and you can check in race day. If you check in race day give yourself at least 1 hour prior to the start of your heat.
Q) What’s included with registration?
A) Only the best swag in the obstacle course industry! You get a custom moisture wicking tee shirt (if you register in time!), gear bag and if you conquer this monster you earn your own SWAMPFOOT FINISHER medal! Top male and female finishers receive Awards and FREE ENTRY to the next years Swampfoot! Team and age group awards given out at the end of the day! You must be present to get an award.
Q) Do I have to pay to park?
A) Yes, parking will be $5 cash per car. *CASH ONLY for parking!!!
Q) Where is Swampfoot located?
A) Swampfoot is located at Rattle Run Farms: 7103 Gratiot Ave, St. Clair, Michigan 48079.
Q) I’m a parent and can’t make it to Swampfoot, can I sign the waiver prior to the event?
A) Yes, Just sign the waiver and send it with your child race day. Click this link to download.
A) Compete as a team or individual it's your choice! Team's need 5 people at minimum, Male, Female or Co-Ed. Co-Ed must have 2 females min. Your top 5 combined score will be used for placing.
Q) Can I preview the course before the race actually starts?
A) The course will be open for you to walk through on Friday.
Q) Can I get a refund? What about if I injured myself prior to Swampfoot?
A) Sorry no refunds will be issued, however you can transfer your registration to another Swampfooter prior to June 20th. Just log into www.runsignup.com with your user name and password you made when you registered and follow the directions to transfer your registration to another person. After June 20th we will be unable to do transfers.
Q) What should I wear to race in?
A) It is recommended you wear light clothing. YOU WILL GET MUDDY AND WET. Be sure to bring an extra set of clothes to change into. You may find it beneficial to wear gloves. They help with the climbing and rope obstacles.
Q) Can I bring my dog?
A) Unfortunately no pets are allowed.
Q) How many loops are in Swampfoot?
A) The Swampfoot4 Mile course is a one loop 4 mile course, so every obstacle you encounter will be a new and exciting challenge!
Q) Do I have to be able to swim?
A) There are several obstacles that include water and YOU WILL GET WET, the water level is low at around 5 foot in the deepest areas. There will also be safety officers at each obstacle to help if you get into any trouble.
Q) How do I know the correct way to complete the obstacles?
A) Our Safety Officers will instruct you on how to complete each obstacle as you encounter them as well as signs. Check out our videos and pictures for hints!
Q) What if I cannot complete an obstacle?
A) Failure on a obstacle will just take you down the easy path which is often longer and less challenging. Running around obstacles will disqualify your competitive time.
Q) Are spikes allowed?
A) Unfortunately spikes are not allowed for this race because of some of the surfaces you will encounter (Rockwall, Cargo net, Tunnel, etc.) and for the safety of the other participants. Indoor spikes with the spikes removed will be allowed.
Q) Will there be anywhere to shower after the race?
A) There will be outdoor showers to use to wash off. There will also be changing rooms available near the shower area.
Q) Is there anywhere I can put my stuff while I am racing?
A) There will be a booth to check in your gear while you are running Swampfoot free of charge. This is a closed off area that Swampfoot Volunteers will be managing, however, Swampfoot 4 Mile is not responsible for any lost or stolen merchandise.
Q) What happens if it rains?
A) Swampfoot will make every attempt to complete the race no matter the weather. However in the event of lightning Swampfoot will be delayed until it passes. In the event of extreme weather, act of god, fire, or other cause of nature beyond our control Swampfoot will make every attempt to reschedule at a later date. Swampfoot and all associated parties shall have no liability of any delay or failure to perform any obligation.